Darwin week: introduction

Exactly 150 years ago this week, Charles Darwin's Origin of Species began to change the world. In honor of that anniversary, I'm going to review five Darwin-related "products" (books, movies, etc.) this week, one each day. I'll kick off the series tomorrow with my review of The Annotated Origin, published by Belknap with annotations by James Costa. That will be followed on subsequent days by my comments on the complete works of Darwin (published by NYU Press), CMI's new movie The Voyage that Shook the World, Wiker's book The Darwin Myth, and Frederick Gregory's The Darwinian Revolution, an audio course from The Teaching Company.

In the meantime, I've made a list of all my other Darwin-related reviews from the past year:

1. Answers Magazine's Darwin issue
2. Janet Browne's Darwin biographies
3. The Darwin Conspiracy
4. "Darwin's Big Idea" exhibit at the Natural History Museum
5. "Darwin's Confession"
6. Darwin: The Story of the Man and His Theories of Evolution
7. Darwin's Sacred Cause
8. Darwin's Darkest Hour