Thank you for 2017!
What a year it's been! I want to thank each and every person who contributed to the success of Core Academy this year, by praying or attending an event or helping with the building or making a donation. God has been so good to us!
Here are just a few of the things we accomplished in 2017:
- We began the year with new research on hominin fossils published in Answers Research Journal. This is part of our ongoing effort to understand how faith and Scripture relate to the details of scientific discovery. (Read the technical article here.)
- In February, I appeared in a movie called Is Genesis History?, seen by thousands of people across the country. This new documentary interviewed creationists from around the country talking about creation science research. It's on Netflix now, in case you missed it.
- In March, we hosted our third annual Smoky Mountain Creation Retreat to a sold out crowd in Pigeon Forge, TN. We had a great time encouraging students to become tomorrow's creationist leaders.
- In April, we sponsored another Science Day for the students at Rhea County Academy. We had a great time nourishing an excitement for science and critical thinking in our students.
- In May, we bought our first building! An old portable classroom from the next county over became our new home. It would be quite an ordeal over the next five months getting it ready to move into, but we are immensely grateful for God's provision!
- In June, I spoke at the first Is Genesis History? student and educator conference in Dickson, TN. It was a small crowd, which gave us great opportunity to interact with the students who attended. Also in June: Our building was delivered.
- In July, Roger Sanders and I attended Origins 2017 at San Diego Christian College. We were blessed to present our work, talk with students, and catch up with old friends.
- In August, we hosted more than 200 people on the campus of Rhea County Academy for the solar eclipse. It was amazing! Truly the grandest show in God's creation.
- September was consumed with building renovation, and we had our official open house on October 20. Check out the news coverage in the Rhea Review and Rhea Herald News.
- In November we hired our newest team member Jennifer Terry to revive our creation database CELD.
- November also saw the announcement of the expansion of our creation retreats. In 2018, we'll host at least two retreats in the Smoky Mountains and the Shenandoah Valley. We're hoping to encourage even more students with this expanded outreach.
None of this would have been possible without the generous support of our donors and ministry partners. Thank you so much! If you'd like to be a part of what we're doing, there's still time to make a tax-deductible contribution for 2017 through PayPal (click the "Donate" button below or visit our website). You can also get tickets for the Smoky Mountain Creation Retreat or the Shenandoah Valley Creation Retreat.
Thanks again, and God bless!
Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.