Venema on Neandertals and Denisovans

Dennis Venema and I don't exactly see eye to eye on human origins, but as fellow believers, we ought to take what he has to say seriously, even if we disagree. Dennis recently posted a piece over at BioLogos on the recent evidence of hominin interbreeding between modern Homo sapiens and Neandertals and between Homo sapiens and the mysterious Denisovans. This is crucially important stuff and deserves our careful attention.

Personally, I think this new data could potentially devastate old earth creationist scenarios for the origin of humans, and I'll be explaining more about that in my book review of Collins's Did Adam and Eve Really Exist?. Look for that in the coming months, and in the meantime, have a look at Dennis's article.

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.