Evolution 2011: Tuesday

So my trip comes to an end once again. I had a good day and learned a lot, but nothing really grabbed me. The one talk I really wanted to hear was cancelled.

It's always kind of fascinating being the creationist at the big evolution conference. I used to be kind of nervous, but now it's no big deal. I'm sure I could get into some really heated arguments if I wanted, but I don't come to these conferences to make trouble. I come to learn.

I know some of you find that hard to believe, but it's true. I like science, and to a certain extent I like evolutionary biology. I don't agree with everything I hear (obviously), but evolutionary biology has a lot to offer to a creationist who's actually willing to listen. It's a shame there aren't more of us like that. The Geological Society of America conference has quite a creationist presence every year, but I'm still a lone ranger at Evolution meetings (as far as I know).

So what did I learn this time out? I've already described a lot of what I learned, and I've had some ideas for research that I'm going to keep to myself for the time being. That happens every year: I come home reinvigorated with lots of new ideas for research projects.

So thanks for that. It was fun. See you in Ottawa!

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.