Coming up...

My summer's going to be busy, so here's a preview. At the end of this month I'll be in Portland for Evolution2010. As I did last year, I'll be posting my impressions of the conference.

In July, I'll be speaking at Bryan College's Summit. Although I'm not yet listed on the speaker page, I'll be speaking on July 8 and 27. I'll be giving two presentations that will be similar to what I presented at Messiah College back in April. At the end of July, I'll be at BSG giving two talks, one on mammal baramins and the other on Australopithecus sediba (I just submitted my abstract revisions today). If you've been looking for an occasion to grill me on sediba, there's still plenty of room at the BSG conference, July 28-31 at Truett-McConnell College in Cleveland, GA (register here).

Somewhere in that schedule, I'm going to squeeze in my first real vacation in several years (vacations piggy-backed on conferences don't count). I'll be checking in from time to time, but don't expect a lot of insightful commentary while I'm gone. (Some readers don't expect insightful commentary while I'm here.)

Some of you (very) long-time readers will recall a feature I used to do called "From the Library," where I highlighted interesting and obscure items related to creation/evolution from the CORE library. The last one I did was September of last year, so I think it's time to revive it. I'll be trying to make it a weekly thing for a while, but we'll see how it goes. It's a lot of work to write those.

While that's going on, I'll still be working on those research projects I mentioned. Stay tuned. Should be fun.

My final tidbit of the day: John Amiel's Darwin biopic Creation has a DVD release date of June 29 for the U.S. You can order it from Amazon. Or not. Whatever.

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.