A new look, bacteria, and silly weasels

I've been doing this blog thing for nine months now, and I decided I'm tired of looking at that old light blue template. So I'm giving this a try instead. I'm not sure I like it, but it's different.

And to make this post not entirely useless, read about Rock Dissolving Bacteria in Desert Cacti at Paul Garner's blog, or check out Steve Matheson's revelations about that stupid weasel program everyone is yammering about. May I add to Steve's frustration the simple observation that Dawkins's program was nothing more than an illustration. It means no more than any other over-simplified classroom demonstration, which is to say, next to nothing. The hysteria over Dawkins is analogous to getting upset because the proteins illustrated in my biochem textbook have fancy colors which they don't have in real life. It's just illustrative. Get over it already.