BSG wrap-up

Thanks again to all the speakers and participants who made the 2009 BSG conference another success. I heard several good comments from our "old faithfuls," who really felt this was an excellent meeting. I certainly enjoyed the red velvet cake, not to mention the presentations. And I learned about ooids (one of the perks of meeting with geologists).

I also wanted to announce the change in the BSG's Executive Council. At our annual business meeting, Georgia Purdom of AIG was elected to the EC. Leaving us is Marcus Ross, who I understand is assuming new responsibilities (secretary?) with the Creation Geology Society.

Looking ahead, the 2010 BSG/CGS conference will be at Truett-McConnell College on July 28-30. Start thinking now about projects and abstracts you could present. As always, abstracts will be due at the end of March. We hope to see you there.