Top posts of 2017

Cheesy top ten graphics often accompany year-end lists!

So I see everyone else is busy posting top ten lists of their most popular articles of the year, and I figured I could do that too!  So without commentary here are my top ten most popular articles from 2017.

The False Dichotomy
Just enjoy the eclipse!
Dating Homo naledi
Is Genesis History Q&A
Defending Creationism
Learning more
Demonizing the enemy
Creationists and Homo naledi
Heaven help us be humble
Is Genesis History? preview night!

Now, I don't think all of those are actually worth reading, so here are my personal picks for top five articles worth reading from 2017.

This one was big for me. I felt like I hit on something really, really important here. I'm sorry it wasn't more popular (only #24 on the popularity list). In retrospect, it was probably a little too wordy.  I'll have to revisit that theme in 2018.

This was a response to complaints about the movie Is Genesis History?, and I thought it was well worth reading and considering again.

This just missed the top ten most popular at #11, but I thought it was worth calling attention to because it seemed to annoy a lot of people. Any time I annoy a lot of people, I figure I must have done something interesting. Plus, I still think confirmation bias is worth talking about. Especially if it annoys people.

Yet another post encouraging us to consider our own shortcomings before we start nitpicking others. It's kind of a theme around here.

I'm not sure what more to say about this that wasn't already said in the title. The Dayton Darrow statue drama ended not with a bang but with a sarcastic snicker.

Honorable mention: Homo naledi: there is another (#27 on the popularity list)
This one was not very notable to you or worth reading again, but it sure made an impression on me. After I posted it, I got tied up in a bizarre correspondence with a person who simply refused to believe what I wrote. It was a spirited and memorable exchange. 

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.