A quiet week

It's been a quiet week around CORE. I finished up a couple editing projects, which will hopefully come to fruition before the year's end. I'm also busy with a couple of new research projects, which I also hope to finish up soon.

I looked over the latest Acts & Facts from ICR (PDF). It celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the publication of The Genesis Flood. That book certainly had a big impact on my life. I expect some of my readers will not look so fondly on The Genesis Flood, and yes, I know the book is extremely dated. But The Genesis Flood indisputably revived creationism in the latter half of the twentieth century, and here I am. So thanks for that!

I see Jonathan Wells will soon be treating us to another book, this time called The Myth of Junk DNA. It's a good title, but I suspect the content will be mostly another functionalist attempt to deal with a structuralist problem. Or, trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. I miss Richard Owen.

Meanwhile, over in Pennsylvania, a retired chemistry teacher is suing to have evolution removed from public school classrooms. This is just phase one of his plan, though, as he intends "to get rid of public schools altogether, which he considers to be a waste of taxpayer dollars." He seems to think he'll actually get his day in court. I suspect otherwise.

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.