It's been a while...

Yes, I know I've been a bit out of the loop the past month or two. I re-discovered this thing called real life, which I found is far more enjoyable than anything online. Imagine that. I've been sitting on my porch drinking IBC root beer and watching the horses across the road. I went home to visit my parents and picked blackberries, which were so ripe they burst and squirted juice all over me just from picking them. Cool stuff like that.

Anyway, while I've been enjoying my break from the cares of the creation/evolution debate, there have been some things happening. Last week, Bryan College was mentioned in an article in US Today about creationism and theistic evolution. Some people asked my opinion, so here it is: It's not very flattering, but it's nice to be recognized as a leader in the field.

Meanwhile, this passage from James 4 was mentioned in faculty workshop this morning, and it reminded me of the endless debate between young-age creationists and theistic evolutionists (or evolutionary creationists if you prefer that term):
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

If you're a Christian and you feel uncomfortable reading that in the context of creation/evolution, the uncomfortable feeling is either indignation or conviction. I hope it's conviction. That's what I felt.

I've got some science commentary type stuff that I'll be posting in the near future. So don't say I didn't warn you.