We're doing fine, thanks!

 

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and even longer since I've posted anything about Core Academy of Science, so it's time for an update!

First of all, even though I've said this in other venues, thank you, thank you, thank you for a great Holiday Fund Drive!  We blew away previous totals from past years with a whopping $35,755!  I cannot fully express my gratitude and shock and delight.  THANK YOU!

Over on Let's Talk Creation, we have a new website, thanks to the hard work of my wife.  Paul and I have also released a lot of really interesting episodes this year, including my first ever public comments on Behemoth and Leviathan, an introduction to natural evil, and a presently-running series on the Flood/Post-Flood boundary.  If you haven't been listening, we've got 56 episodes out now, so there's plenty of material to binge.  If you have been listening, thank you!  We really appreciate all the great comments we've been getting.  It's nice to know our hard work is valued.

We had another great Smoky Mountain Retreat at the beginning of March.  I'm really grateful for the entire Core Academy team who helped us pull that off.  Dr. Joe Francis from the Master's University walked us through questions of design and natural evil in the world of microbes.  It's always such a great time to enjoy fellowship while we dig into the deep questions of creation.  Next year's retreat is already on the calendar: March 1-3, 2024.  We'll have more details on our special guest this fall.

I had the privilege of speaking at Liberty University in February and New College, UNSW in Sydney, Australia in March.  My next big event will be the Gateway Creation Conference on April 21-22.  I'll be giving two presentations on human origins, and I'll have a special surprise I've been working on.  You can still get tickets at their website.  It should be a really fun conference.

We've also been busily planning for the rest of the year.  For the first time, we're partnering with Rhea County Academy to offer two educational day camps.  The first is "Camp Creation: Hands-On Life Science" ($185), which is mostly a week of biology lab work and experiments that lets students go in-depth with biology.  The second week will be "Camp Creation: Dinosaur Edition" ($100), where we'll be learning about dinosaurs and working on real dinosaur fossils!  If you've ever wanted to know what it's like to BE a paleontologist, this is the week for you.  Check out all the camp options, get more details, and sign up at our website.

Also coming this summer is the International Conference on Creationism at Cedarville University.  Lord willing (and reviewers willing too), I'll be there presenting new research projects I've been working on for the past three years.  One big one is a summary of my work on the skeletons of hominins.  My previous work identifying the human baramin focused exclusively cranial features, and this is the first time I'll be using skeletal features as well.  And I must say that the results have been fascinating.  Some of you might even feel vindicated.  I'm excited to see this project finished, and I've been taking a little breather before I dive into the next stage of that work.  (I understand there are new discoveries on the horizon that hopefully will provide us with new information and maybe even fill in some gaps in our knowledge).

I spilled a few beans back in December about a special recording of Let's Talk Creation, and I can tell you now that Paul and I will be doing a live recording in conjunction with the ICC this summer.  We're still working out the details, and this first show will be a ticketed event with a very limited number of tickets.  I hope to have more information on that in the very near future.  To be clear, we will not stream this live, but we will have a live audience during the actual recording.

Other research projects have been going very well, and that's a major accomplishment even if I can't tell you about it all right now.  But I wanted to share how grateful I am for God's generous provision of funding and personnel to get the work done.

All in all, we've had a pretty good year so far, and I'm looking forward to the future.  If you'd like to support Core Academy, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Check out coresci.org/donate for more information.  Thanks for reading!

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.


Have you read my book?  You should check that out too!