Smoky Mountain Creation Retreat 2022

 

I'm just back from another exhausting and exhilarating  weekend with friends new and old at the 2022 Smoky Mountain Creation Retreat.  Core Academy has been hosting this event for seven years now, and this was our first post-COVID event.  I think everyone was more than ready to get back to work and life and fellowship.

Our guest this year was Bob Hill, associate professor of physics at Bob Jones University and the president of the Creation Research Society.  He gave us a gentle and very basic introduction to the mind-bending world of planetary astronomy (with a little dark matter and dark energy thrown in for good measure).  I hardly even glance at this subject on most days, so it was a great learning opportunity.  On our final night together, we shared some concerns and had a spontaneous prayer meeting.  It was so very beautiful to be together again.  I am grateful.

Next year, I'm hearing rumors of a geology weekend...  I guess we'll all have to wait and see what we come up with.

I really hope to see more folks there next year.  We're looking at getting a bigger house for more people.  We'll definitely announce the dates as soon as we know.

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.


Have you read my book?  You should check that out too!