AAPA 2016: Hello, Atlanta


Longtime readers might remember that I used to go to Evolution conferences every year.  The last one I attended was in Ottawa in 2012.  In 2013, I helped to start Core Academy, and we didn't have money for me to jetset around to conferences any more.  Then last fall I happened to hear that the American Association of Physical Anthropologists was having their annual conference in Atlanta, which is just about my back yard.  So I put money in the 2016 budget to attend, and here I am.

I admit I'm not much of a physical anthropologist, but this should be a lot of fun anyway.  Peter and Rosemary Grant will be speaking tomorrow morning, and Lee Berger (discoverer of Australopithecus sediba and Homo naledi) is the luncheon speaker on Saturday.  So I'm looking forward to it, and I'm looking forward to getting into some science again.  It's been too long since I've been at a conference like this.

As usual, I'll be taking notes and updating my blog throughout the weekend.  Stay tuned!

P.S. Dinner was really good too!

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.