Wednesday, July 236:00 pm - Welcome dinner
Thursday, July 24 - Technical Conference8:00 am - CGS & CBS board meetings8:45 am - Session 1: Diversification & Design
- Wise - "Spectra of Perfection: A Case for Biological Imperfection before the Fall"
- Guliuzza - "The Value of Engineering Analysis in Identifying Organisms as the Primary Cause of Adaptability"
- Wise - "Ontogeny as a Diversification Analog"10:00 am - Break10:15 am - Geology
- Snelling - "Ebenezer: Taphonomic patterns in the Morrison Formation and a recently collected Allosaurus from northwestern Colorado"
- Wood - "A Recently Recovered Scrapbook Assembled by John T. Reid (1871-1943) Reveals the History of the 'Triassic Shoe Fossil'"
- Snelling - "Radioisotope dating of basaltic achondrites"11:45 am - Lunch1:15 pm - Humanity
- Wood - "Psychological Considerations on the Recognition of the Human Holobaramin"
- Drai - "The Population Problem and Creationist Apologetics: From L. Euler to H.M. Morris and Back"
- Liu - "Hormonal Regulation of Human Endogenous Retroviruses"2:30 pm - Break2:45 pm - Bark Beetles
- Francis - "Research Update: Pine Bark Beetle Associated Tree Destruction in North America"
- Blaschke - "Ancestral state reconstruction as a new method for identifying baramins of pathogens and parasites"
- Wood - "Further Investigations of the Baraminology of Weevils (Curculionidae): Is Platypodinae a Holobaramin?"4:00 pm - Break4:45 pm - Species & Created Kinds
- Bartlett - "A Surprising Set of Distinguishing Features Characterizing an Apobaramin, and its Larger Implications for Baraminology"
- Wise - "Species as Brushstrokes: The Revelatory Species Concept in Creationism"6:00 pm - Dinner7:15 pm - CBS & CGS Business MeetingsFriday, July 25
General conference featuring special talks for the general public. Special speakers include:9:30 am - "Great are the works of the Lord: Building scientific models of origins on a biblical foundation" - Paul Garner (Biblical Creation Ministries)10:30 am - "Killer Design: The Revelation of Creation in Deadly Pathogens, from Prions to Lytic Phages" - Joe Francis (The Master's College)11:45 am - Lunch1:00 pm - "Thorns, Thistles and Natural Evil" - Roger Sanders (Core Academy of Science)2:00 pm - "Fuzzy, with a chance of feathers: Taking a fresh look at dinosaurs and birds" - Marcus Ross (Liberty University)3:15 pm - Break3:30 pm - "Radioactive Dating of Rocks Made Simple" - Andrew Snelling (Answers in Genesis)4:30 pm - "Climate Modeling: Past, Present & Future" - Steve Gollmer (Cedarville University)6:00 pm - Dinner7:00 pm - "Crucifixion Earthquake of 33 AD: Evidence within Laminated Dead Sea Sediment" - Steve Austin (Logos Research Associates)8:00 pm - "In Praise of Ignorance: The Virtues of Research" - Todd Charles Wood (Core Academy of Science)Are you a teacher at an ACSI school? Now for an extra $15 you can earn one CEU from Core Academy of Science by attending the general conference on Friday. Just add the ACSI CEU ticket to your registration order, and Core Academy will contact you to arrange your CEU credit.
Saturday, July 26
Field trip to the Garden of the GodsNEW! Learn about the field trip right here.
Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.