Evolution2012: Tuesday

On this final day of the conference, nothing really grabbed me.  I heard plenty of interesting talks and learned some new things, but nothing really stood out in my mind.  Except maybe why lizards have blue tails.  Naively, I assumed it was a secondary sexual characteristic, a little something to attract the ladies, but no, it actually appears to be mostly related to predators.

Then there was Scott Edwards's talk.  Great science, but Beast Legends?  I'm not sure what to think about that one.  On the one hand, I understand the desire to help the public understand science, but... Beast Legends?  Did I mention that his science was awesome?  As usual.

So that was the conference.  I'm flying home tomorrow morning with lots of new ideas for research projects and collaborations.  But first I have a lot to do to get ready for Origins2012.  I hope to see you there!  

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com.