Evil Answers

I guess it's kind of silly to point out what AIG is posting at their website, since they get gazillions more visits every day than I do, but I really like what they're doing with Answers magazine, and I like to encourage anyone who hasn't given it a try to see what it's like. [Wow, that was a ridiculously long sentence. Oh well, it's just a blog. Not like real publishing.]

Their summer issue is themed around the Fall, and I noticed that they just posted a sneak peak article by Gary Phillips called Lessons from the Fall. I especially like the sidebar at the end of the article, "Who picked Adam to represent us?"
...consider how representative headship is to our benefit. Apparently angels "fell" without a representative head, and there is no hope of restoration for them. They sinned individually and are beyond recovery. In contrast, we sinned representatively as well as individually, and our sin can be forgiven and overcome. Just as we have a representative head in sin, we have a representative head in salvation, Jesus Christ.

Amen to that!